Monday, January 27, 2014

I have manicures on my mind!

I'm going to get my nails done with a new friend today, after a phone interview for me and an interview for her.  Wish us luck!

Within the last year I have gotten into painting my nails again.  I used to paint them all the time in high school, usually to support whatever team I was on.  Red and silver for high school sports and year round swimming.  Blue and green for my summer swim league.

I have discovered that you don't have to be all that talented to create some fun designs, however, you do need to have some patience.  And I often times opt for rapid drying polishes because then the whole long process, at least in my case it is long, is a little faster.

 I found this pin on Pinterest and it inspired me, perfect for Valentine's Day. Polish is Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail: Mauve It 
(I really like the brush on this polish and it dries very quick!  But, I'm not as big of a fan of the consistency of the polish.) and the heart is Petites Island Smoothie.

 Nails painted to look like a robin's egg.  I found them on The Dainty Squid's blog and thought they were too cute and I had to try it myself.  Polish is Petites Baby Blue and overcoat is a couple layers of Nubar - Black Polka Dot .


I can't take credit for these nails.  I went to 8th Day Spa in Tacoma and Melissa painted the words, she is an awesome artist!  (Can you believe how long my nails were?!?)

Fourth of July.  Red is Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Rapid Red and ring finger is Finger Paints in Cerulean Seascape.  I didn't paint the star it is from the Avon Stars & Stripes Nail Art, I have no idea if Avon even still sells this because I have this left over from high school, and it still works!

 Christmas nails.  I couldn't find this white, but I found OPI The Bond Girls Collection Solitare and it still looked a lot like snow. The red is the same as the one I used for the Fourth of July.

Sparkle polish is Nicole by Opi 'Wear Something Spark-kylie' and the other color is the same as above, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Mauve It.

I wish I could do this! I have tried and have never been successful.  These were done in Centennial and are gels, which is awesome since they last so long.  However, I have no idea what they used for the white, but I had to get help getting it off from Pinup Salon, normally I got my hair styled here, by Lindsey, but luckily they  also do gels and Jen spent forever helping me get the white off.

No comments: