Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Super Sad True Love Story: A Novel by Gary Shteyngart

I read this story for a meetup book club that I am in and this is the first book this particular book club picked out to read.  Also, this is the first book I have read through my Kindle app on my Droid.  I really didn't like Super Sad True Love Story in the beginning.  I am really unsure if it was the book or just getting used to reading books on my phone.  Although the change seemed appropriate because the book is about the future which heavily relies on "apparat" which reminded me a lot of a more advance smartphone.  The book is read through the "dairy" of a 40-something-year-old man and the correspondences, similar to e-mail and chat features, of a 20-something-year-old girl.  As the book went on I started to enjoy reading it a bit more, but it was never the type of book I stayed up later than planned just to finish the chapter.

No comments: