Friday, January 15, 2010

My Friend's Visit

Okay, in the last few minutes I decided to post some highlights in the last 3 months.

My friend  came to visit us at the end of October beginning of November. She had a conference in Portland, but flew out early to see me. Yay!
She flew in during the late afternoon on Halloween. We tossed around various ideas of things to do to celebrate the holiday, but ultimately decided to go low key. We ate dinner at the Whistle Stop Ale House and then ended up carving pumpkins. My friend had never actually carved one, so we decided that would be a fun first. Here our pumpkins and Big B's "scary" face.

On Sunday we visited the Hiriam M. Chittenden Locks, the Fremont Troll, toured Chateau Ste. Michelle and did a tour at Redhook Brewery, which was really us standing in the room listening to the "tour guide" talk and drinking beer.  My friend isn't a big fan of beer and Big B was driving so I ended up drinking a lot more than everybody else.

A peacock at Chateau Ste. Michelle
Our beer samples at Redhook.

On Monday we went to Snoqualmie Falls and then hiked around Cougar Mountain.
The view of the falls from the bottom.
Coal Creek Falls at Cougar Mountain

On Tuesday we visited the Woodland Park Zoo. This is probably one of the better zoos that I have visited. There is lot of natural exhibits and most of the animals didn't appear to be going cage crazy. Here are some photos of a view of my favorite animals.



After the zoo we went to Pike's Market to pick up some halibut for dinner. Here is a view of the sound from up above.


My friend had to go to Portland on Wednesday, but it is always great to have visitors!

No comments: