Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween

Friday was an interesting day. I left work early because I have a fairly large amount of comp time to get rid of by January. I decided to go vote because although I signed up for a mail-in ballot and the website said it was sent to me, but I didn't receive the ballot. Due to this fact my vote was provesional...first time since I was 18 where my vote may not count.

Later that night I went to my sister's to hand out candy to the ghosts, goblins and fairies. Suprisingly there were more high schoolers than any other age groups.



After that I met up with friends and Big B for a night out. We hit The Cork first to hear a former employee's band play, Archie Funker. Great band, but the Cork has never been my favorite place. Later we went to Old Town. There were more people in Old Town then I have ever seen. I don't think there was a bar open that did not have a line. We decided to go to Luscious Nectars because they have some good frozen drinks and are a bit out of the way. Overall Halloween was fun and we saw some interesting costumes. Our group's costumes included: Lt. Dangle, a playboy bunny, 80s rocker, God's Gift to Women, and Zombie Redneck.

Big B's roommate and his coworkers were the Scooby Doo Gang. I think the most interesting costume was the Ringwraiths from Lord of the Rings (I wanted to take a picture while they were coming towards us, but I was a bit afraid I would freak the horses out).

No comments: