Sunday, June 28, 2009

My First Month in Washington

On Monday, May 25th we (me, my parents, Big B and his mom) took a break from packing and explored the area. We visited Chateau St. Michelle.


And the Columbia Winery. After the wine we took a picnic break with a riesling, cheese, salami and some pita chips.

Later we visited Redhook Brewery and tried their beer sampler.

Then we watched some of the excitement at the Locks (we have gone to the Locks since then and enjoyed some free music).

We rounded up the evening at Pyramid for some more beer sampling and food. Then we ended up the evening by watching the Nuggets in my parent's hotel lobby.

On Tuesday, May 26th Big B's mom flew home and I had my 5th interview with Knowledge Learning Corporation. After that we met up with my parent's and drove around Emunclaw, Auburn and explored the pier at Des Moines. For dinner we met my dad's cousin and his wife at Anthony's.
There wasn't much more excitement the remainder of the week other than Big B starting his job and I was offered a job as an Assistant Center Director in Federal Way.

I have lost track of time, so all of the below isn't necessarily in order. We have seen a good number of movies: Night at the Museum, The Hangover, Taking of the Pelham 123 and Transformers. We have also eaten at a bunch of different restraurant with different cuisines.

We also went to the Museum of Flight.



Then this weeekend we went to the Taste of Tacoma. I don't have any photos, but it included: me tripping and having splinters all over, fairly good food, lots of interesting people, and music. Later that evening we went to Laughs where they were having a local comedian competition.

No comments: